I tried a Google Site for education/teaching stuff this past year and hated it, so I'm migrating the teaching posts I put there here.
I keep a running bug list all semester. Some of these are things that I just want to revisit before revising the course. Some things may not be able to be fixed (like weird, awkward, or just plain bad class dynamics).I had bad juju in one of my classes this past semester and just couldn't overcome it. Sometimes that happens. But a lot of what's on my list are easily achievable things for next semester.
- Make sure my students understand the Student Learning Outcomes. Which means frontloading.
- Be accessible to my students during office hours. As in tone down some my personality from the classroom.
- Increase attendance during office hours.
- Spend more time giving feedback. Specifically:
- Questioning techniques
- Color coding
- Provide more check ins for understanding